The winner of the contest will receive $1,000 cash and publication by Meadowlark Books, including 50 copies of the completed book. All entries will be considered for standard Meadowlark Books publishing contract offers, as well. Meadowlark welcomes entries from across the U.S.
Full-length poetry manuscripts (55 page minimum, 90+ pages preferred) will be considered. Poems may be previously published in journals and/or anthologies, but not in full-length, single-author volumes. Poets are eligible to enter, regardless of publishing history. Previous winners are NOT eligible to enter.
Previous winners and finalists include:
- A Certain Kind of Forgiveness by Carol Kapaun Ratchenski (winner 2019)
- Valentine by Ruth Maus (finalist 2019)
- Selected Poems: 2000-2020 by JC Mehta (winner 2020)
- Kansas Poems by Brian Daldorph (finalist 2020)
- Knowing Is a Branching Trail by Alison Hicks (winner 2021)
- Lilac & Sawdust by Kenneth Pobo (finalist 2021)
Submission Deadline: Dec. 1
Submission Fee: $25